Shawnee Evergreen Community Association
Community News and Events
Date: Monday October 1, 2018 7:00 PM
South Gate Alliance Church 1436 James McKevitt Rd SW.
Saturday September 1, 2018
9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Location: South Gate Alliance Church parking lot (1436 James Mckevitt Rd SW
NE corner of Evergreen Street SW and James Mckevitt Rd SW).
Now is the time to get ready for this year’s cleanup! The City of Calgary will be providing 3 trucks to be filled with “junk” that you would normally have to take to a City operated Landfill site (e.g. Shepard Landfill). This is a good time to get rid of general household waste that you can’t put in your black bin or large items and yard waste. In addition, this year we are pleased to be providing:
- Salvation Army – clothing and other household items
- TBA – tires, rims, batteries
- Geep – electronics (tv,monitors,keyboard,mouse,cables,tablets,computers, etc.)
- Shred-it – free shredding of your old confidential documents
- The Bike guy – old bicycles for shipping to Cameroon
- Metal – automotive batteries, radiators, drum rotors, lawn mowers, BBQ’s
NOTE: Empty paint cans and household chemicals are NOT accepted.
Fire Hall at 450 Midpark Way S.E. no longer accepts empty paint cans and household chemicals. Take to Evergreen Fire Station #37 at 2511 Eversyde Avenue SW.
Volunteers are needed to help direct traffic etc. so if you have some time available, please contact Peter at 403-254-6660 re timing. Your help will be appreciated!
|Easter Egg Hunt – CANCELLED!||Saturday March 31|
|Annual Stampede Breakfast||Saturday June 23
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
|Community Cleanup||Saturday September 1
9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
NOTE: All of the above events will be held at South Gate Alliance Church 1436 James McKevitt Rd SW.
Note that SECA Board of Directors’ meetings will now be held in the library (Room 101) at South Gate Alliance Church 1436 James McKevitt Rd SW.
Normal meeting date is the third Tuesday in the month at 7:00 PM (except no meeting July or August). SECA members are welcome to attend. Contact Peter Snell at 403-254-6660 for details.
1. The Shawnee-Evergreen Community Association (SECA) is a volunteer organization formed by the residents of the Shawnee Slopes and Evergreen Estates communities whose focus is “Working Together for Our Community’s Future” to:
- manage and direct its social and recreational activities
- act as an intervener in civic matters (planning and development)
NOTE: Membership in SECA is voluntary
2. The Evergreen Residents Association (ERA) is an organization created by the land developer (Genstar) for the “newly” developed area in Evergreen Estates (i.e. south of the old 146th Avenue) as well as for the rest of Evergreen. On September 1, 2011, Genstar officially handed over control of the ERA to the residents of Evergreen and Evergreen Estates. The ERA now owns and maintains the 17 community entrance features and feature park sites, originally constructed by Genstar in the development of Evergreen and the new portion Evergreen Estates.
All questions or concerns (i.e. garbage pickup, snow removal, burned out lamps, green space damage, etc.) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can be found on the ERA website at www.evergreenresidents.ca.
NOTE: Membership in ERA is compulsory and the requirement to pay an annual fee is collected by the Residents Association through an encumbrance on title.
SECA Summer 2018...
Become a Member!
Live in the area? Learn more about our assosciation!