Shawnee-Evergreen Community Association
Did you know that more than half of Canadians feel disconnected from their neighbours? And a recent Statistics Canada study confirmed that there is a positive relationship between life satisfaction and individuals’ feelings of belonging to their community and whether they know their neighbours.
Becoming a member of SECA can help you get to know your neighbours through community events, monthly newsletters, and more. Our mission is to create a more connected and dynamic community where residents have a sense of belonging.
Community News and Events
Register via email@example.com.
– $25 per session + SECA Membership ($20)
– non-residents may join as Associate Members
– join at Shawnee-Evergreen.ca/membership/
– Membership runs through April 30, 2020 and there will be more programming to enjoy.
Thanks to our instructor Melissa Pearce of Rediscover Play!
Nature inspired activities and free play with Urban Wild to spark your family’s curiosity and connection to the natural world.
Saturday, December 7 – 10:00 to 11:30 AM
Free – Limited number of spaces.
For children with their parents or grandparents. Walking distances appropriate for 2 to 6 years olds. All ages welcome. We’ll designate a meet up location and explore Fish Creek Provincial Park.
SECA members are welcome to come to any of our Board Meetings. Your input is valued! If you want to attend, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The next board meeting is 4 December at South Gate Alliance church at 7:00. We want to hear from our neighbours! Please consider attending!
NEIGHBOUR NIGHTS are on hold until the new year.
Join us in the new year for a chance to make new friends and discuss what would make our community more neighbourly.
– Join us at at 7 PM.
– We’ll be at the Coach and Horses Ale Room across from Sobeys in Millrise.
– Free snacks – buy your own beverages.
– Or arrive early and enjoy dinner with friends.
Community Beautification Committee
We are looking for volunteers to join the Community Beautification Committee. So far we have received input from our neighbours on projects such as
- installing shade in Evergreen Park
- adding more picnic tables to parks
- painting murals along James McKevitt
- building a band shell in Evergreen Park
Do you have ideas? Dislike some ideas? Please get in touch with us at email@example.com