Saturday September 1, 2018
9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Location: South Gate Alliance Church parking lot (1436 James Mckevitt Rd SW
NE corner of Evergreen Street SW and James Mckevitt Rd SW).
Now is the time to get ready for this year’s cleanup! The City of Calgary will be providing 3 trucks to be filled with “junk” that you would normally have to take to a City operated Landfill site (e.g. Shepard Landfill). This is a good time to get rid of general household waste that you can’t put in your black bin or large items and yard waste. In addition, this year we are pleased to be providing:
- Salvation Army – clothing and other household items
- TBA – tires, rims, batteries
- Geep – electronics (tv,monitors,keyboard,mouse,cables,tablets,computers, etc.)
- Shred-it – free shredding of your old confidential documents
- Bikes etc. – the Calgary Immigrant Support Society (formerly the Syrian Refugee Support Group) is looking for gently used bikes and helmets, scooters, wagons, strollers and unexpired car seats for those in need. Although our group focuses primarily on helping those that have escaped horrific conditions in war torn countries, we also help anyone in our city in need. Please note we do not have a team of mechanics to assist, so we can only accept gently used bikes for this purpose. Bikes that need only tune ups or tube replacements etc. are gladly accepted.
- Metal – automotive batteries, radiators, drum rotors, lawn mowers, BBQ’s
- Tires NOT accepted this year!
NOTE: Empty paint cans and household chemicals are NOT accepted.
Fire Hall at 450 Midpark Way S.E. no longer accepts empty paint cans and household chemicals. Take to Evergreen Fire Station #37 at 2511 Eversyde Avenue SW.
Volunteers are needed to help direct traffic etc. so if you have some time available, please contact Peter at 403-254-6660 re timing. Your help will be appreciated!