SECA is keen to be responsive to your needs. Bringing an idea to life just takes a community member or two to come forward to assist us. We’ll provide lots of support.
Some of the ideas that emerged at the March Neighbour Night included:
- Meet Ups for runners, walkers, dog walkers
- Gardeners meet up, workshop or a speaker series
- Yoga in the park
- Biking workshop – Get riding your bike comfortably and confidently!
- for kids
- for women
- SECA Summer Festival or community BBQ
- Loose parts play program or a play group – because it’s more fun when there are more kids at the park
Please email email@example.com to express your interest in seeing any of these ideas implemented or to suggest your own ideas.
2019 Planned Events
In addition to monthly Pub Nights, this year’s SECA planned events include:
- Saturday June 22 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM Stampede Breakfast at South Gate Alliance Church
- Sunday July 14 Deerfoot Casino fund raiser Day 1
- Monday July 15 Deerfoot Casino fund raiser Day 2
- Saturday September 14 Community Cleanup at South Gate Alliance Church
Mark your calendar for these events now! Details re location etc. will be published in future newsletters. Volunteers to work at the Casino will be sought in June.
SECA Board Meetings
SECA Board meetings are the second Tuesday each month (except in summer months of July and August in Room 211 at South Gate Alliance Church. SECA members are welcome to come to any of our Board Meetings. Your input is valued! Board Meeting cancellations will be posted at the SECA web site so please check web site for notifications. Contact Lynn Jobe, SECA VP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 254-0627 if you need more information.