- Saturday September 8 10 AM to Noon – “SECA Plays” at Evergreen Drive Park
We’re bringing more active outdoor play to our neighbourhood! For more information on our “loose parts play pop up event”, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive our SECA PLAYS e-newsletter and be sure to join the @SECAplays Facebook Group.
- Saturday September 14 9 AM to 2 PM – Community Cleanup at South Gate Alliance Church
Used construction material, garden waste, metal and electronic recyclables, etc. will all be accepted. Bikes in ridable condition will be welcomed as well as reusable items for donation to the Salvation Army. Unfortunately, paper shredding will not be available this year due to the introduction of an excessive fee for this service. Volunteers are needed to help direct traffic, assist in unloading, etc. Please contact Liala at (403) 532-2981. Your help will be appreciated!
Mark your calendar for these events now!
- Tuesday September 17 7:00 PM – SECA AGM at South Gate Alliance Church (1436 James Mckevitt Road SW)
Come join us and learn how you can be involved in the exciting projects that are on SECA’s horizon. We are still seeking directors with skills sets that include project management, webmaster, community engagement, social media and more.
Support your Community and attend this important meeting!
- Saturday September 21 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM – “Fun Day – Soccer and More” at 1150 Everridge Dr SW fields next to Marshall Springs School
A fun day of family activities and food including:
- pick up soccer matches
- soccer skills challenges
- physical literacy obstacle course
- Adventure Play Pop Up
- food trucks and more
This event is co-hosted by Calgary Minor Soccer Association along with SECA, Evergreen and Shawnessy Community Associations. More information is available at myceca.ca/funday.
Community Led Initiatives
SECA is keen to be responsive to your needs. Bringing an idea to life just takes a community member or two to come forward to assist us. We’ll provide lots of support.
Some of the ideas that emerged at the March Neighbour Night included:
- Meet Ups for runners, walkers, dog walkers
- Gardeners meet up, workshop or a speaker series
- Yoga in the park
- Biking workshop – Get riding your bike comfortably and confidently!
- for kids
- for women
- SECA Summer Festival or community BBQ
- Loose parts play program or a play group – because it’s more fun when there are more kids at the park
Please email email@example.com to express your interest in seeing any of these ideas implemented or to suggest your own ideas.
SECA Board Meetings
SECA Board meetings are the second Tuesday each month (except in summer months of July and August) in Room 211 at South Gate Alliance Church. SECA members are welcome to come to any of our Board Meetings. Your input is valued! Board Meeting cancellations will be posted at the SECA web site so please check web site for notifications. Contact Lynn Jobe, SECA VP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 254-0627 if you need more information.